STE2 Digital SLR Speedlite Transmitter to suit entire EOS range
A master control device for wireless Speedlite flash system. Meets professional and advanced amateur standards. Its dedicated transmitter controls up to 3 Canon 550EX Speedlites as slave units 33ft. away outdoors and 49.5ft. away indoors. It is mounted as a clip-on with shoe lock lever and locking pin.
· Type: 550EX-dedicated, clip-on Speedlite transmitter with direct contacts
· Compatible Cameras: Type A EOS cameras (E- TTL, autoflash); Type B EOS cameras (Manual flash)
· Channels: 4
· Flash Ratio Control: For A:B ratio: 1:8 to 8:1, in half- step increments or 13 steps
· High- Speed Sync (FP flash): Enabled with high-speed sync mode
· Slave Operation Confirmation: With test transmission button. *Slave A fires followed by slave B at 1/64 output.
· Flash Exposure Confirmation:
1. Before flash fires during FE lock Adequate flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon lit in the viewfinder. Insuf ficient flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon blinking in the viewfinder.
2. After flash fires ST-E2's flash confirmation lamp lights in green for 3 sec.
· Wireless slave SE mode cancellation: Cancels when the test transmission button or FE lock botton is pressed to turn on the slave u nit.
· Wireless Transmission: Infrared pulse
· Transmission Range: Indoors: Approx. 12-15 meters/39.4 - 49.2 ft; Outdoors: Appro x. 8-10/ 26.2-32.8 ft
Transmission Coverage: ±40° horizontal and ±30° vertical
· Battery Life: Approx. 1,500 transmissions (At room temperature and with a new set of batteries)
· AF-assist Beam: Compatible with EOS-3's 45-point Area AF and 28mm and longer lens focal lengths
· AF-assist Beam Effective Range: Approx. 0,6 to 10 m/2.0 to 16.5 ft along the periphery (in total darkness).
· SE Feature: While the power switch is set to I or HOLD, the transmission turns off automatically after about 90 sec. of non-use.
· Power Source: 2CR5 lithium (6V) battery x 1
· Dimensions: 62 (W) x 51 (H) x 80 (D) mm/2,4 (W) x 3,1 (D) in
· Weight: 100 g/ 3.5 oz (exluding battery)
Advanced Features: E-TTL Compatible Since it is compatible with E-TTL auto flash functions, groups of 550EX Speedlites are able to take advantage of High-Speed Sync, FE Lock, Flash Exposure Bracketing, and Pre-flash evaluative metering.
Built-in AF-Assist Beam: The AF-Assist Beam automatically fires in low-light and low-contrast situations to assist the camera's auto focusing system.
Sets and Controls Flash Ratios: Transmitter ST-E2 sets and controls all functions of its Speedlite 550EX slave units. Flash ratios,for example,are controllable between 2 Speedlite 550EX groups.
High Speed FP Flash: High Speed FP (Focal Plane) flash for synchronization at all shutter speeds is available, even the EOS-3s top speed of 1/8000. Larger apertures can be used to obtain better background blur. And fill flash can be used for moving subjects in daylight. Weight:3.5 oz./100 g (Including battery).